Dance covers had now become a trend. Finally, a chance to make those creative juices into greater heights. I have always been a fan of Chachi Gonzales and now, Matt Steffanina. After a decade of dancing back to back with each other in gigs and competitions, they finally collaborated.
For the first time, they released this “Bum Bum Tam Tam” challenge calling out all dancers to gather their team and make their own cover of the dance. Whoever does the dopest one will win US$1,000!!!
You have exactly 5 days to put it together starting from today (at the date of this writing) to learn it, dance it, mean it and video it to send to them. All the details are in the video so, just take in the energy of the performers within the video and exude your own interpretation of it.
Good luck! Good Show!!!! And above all, have fun!
TRIVIA ABOUT THE TEACHERS:
- Chachi Gonzales was born in 1996, she is just 22 years old to be awarded of “Teen Choreographer of the Year” in 2012 by the World of Dance 2012 Industry Awards, “Best Supporting Actress” at the 2014 WorldFest-Houston International Film Festival Awards and many more!
- Matt Steffanina is the most “followed” dancer in YouTube. Over 10 million subscribed (including me) and he garnered over 1.5 million views on his videos.
- In 2016, Matt Steffanina won the Amazing Race transforming him from a well-known choreographer into an international superstar.
- Chachi trained as a ballet dancer in the beginning of her dancing career.
- Matt was a former snowboarder before doing professional hip hop dancing.
- Both Chachi and Matt started dancing Hip-hop at 18 years of age.